Sorry for the long absence been caught up with studies and doing some building now and then.
I have completed the Panhard rod, cut to length and both sides welded up.
The brackets to mount the rear shocks and the panhard rod have also been welded onto the rear diff.
as seen in the previous picture I posted not so long ago I did some sub assembly and found that the inside wheels are tracking just within the rear wheels which I am happy with.
I have decided to use the original front shocks that I got with the chassis. This is purely to save some costs and maybe it’ll look a tad different from the norm. If it does break when I test it, (and by test I mean jump on the chassis) then ill go the normal route.
Here they are stripped. I have sent the parts in for powder coating and hoping to get them back this week.
I have bought mini shocks and am going to modify them for the rear suspension.
Here I have started cleaning the lower mounting sleeves.
The brake calipers have been a good story. Got them for R800.00 and paid the sum total of R72.00 for complete overhaul. For those who want the story drop me a message.
Brake calipers before were worse than this one,
Here are the calipers as I received them, stripped sand blasted and corrosion coated.
Brake calipers fully assembled with new brake shoes.
And here they are fitted onto the uprights.
Next up the engine, gearbox and drive shaft…